Sustainability Risk Advisors (SRA) was Founded by Mark Tulay. Mark brings 22+ years of experience in the sustainability movement working with environmental organizations, sustainability orientated investment firms, pension funds, companies, product sustainability (LCA) initiatives, and ESG ratings and research providers to advance CSR initiatives and environmentally and socially responsible and sustainable business practices.
Mark served as Head of Sustainability Risk Management (SRM) for Risk Metrics Group where he managed the business and global research team. Projects included advising a sustainability hedge fund, creating an ESG fund in Japan, developing customized ratings for structured investment products, and launching emerging markets indices, and customized sustainability, proxy voting and climate risk management research programs for asset managers and pension funds.
Experience includes consulting with endowments and institutional investors on sustainability themed funds, ESG policy development, sustainability and climate research, shareholder engagement programs, performance assessment, and proxy voting strategies. Mark helped launch and serves as Program Director for GISR, a global sustainability ratings initiative (GISR - www.ratesustainability.org) where he serves on the Secretariat and Steering Committee's.
Mark served as the first full-time employee of CERES, a global network of investors, non-profit organizations, and corporations. Marked worked in senior leadership positions at Citizens Funds, the Nature Conservancy, KLD and Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS) before launching SRA.
SRA provides business and organizational development services and strategic counsel to NGOs, institutional investors, and pension funds working to advance sustainable markets and product sustainability including:
- Innovations in Global CSR Practices for Companies - Operating or expanding into new markets. Managing sustainability, climate, social 'hotspot' risks. Identifying leadership opportunities .
- Dashboards, Tools and Analysis on the ROI for Sustainability - Developing metrics for assessing the materiality of environmental, social, and governance performance for both corporate and product Sustainability. Driving the 'value' of sustainability: Managing expectations on 'values' based issues.
- Information and Insight on ESG Ratings, Rankings & Indices - Managing resources & expectations, engagement and survey strategies.
- Measuring Corporate Sustainability Performance - Leadership programs for companies, Optimizing & leveraging philanthropy and in-kind volunteer support stategically
- Mulitstakeholder NGO Collaborations - Business & organizational development support, managing expectations & resources for complex global partners & multi-stakeholders, forecasting ROI. Social media and communications support, managing partners' roles, measuring success & impact.
- Sustainable & Responsible Investing Strategies - New investment product development, thematic research, Sustainability Risk Management (SRM), restriction management programs, proxy voting guidelines and platforms, KPI development, communcations strategies, asset gathering approaches.
- Engagement Programs and Strategies - 'Hotspot' assessments for social & environmental issues, Leading rather then being led, staying ahead.